[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs backlogs

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Nov 13 18:37:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:43:15 +0100
Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 04:31:38PM +0530, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > While I was looking into glusterd backlogs I could see there are
> > few BZs which were marked as "needinfo" on the reporter as the
> > information was not sufficient enough for further analysis and the
> > reporter hasn't gotten back with the required details.
> >
> > Ideally we should close these bugs saying inadequate information,
> > however I am just wondering should we set a timeline for the waiting
> > period like 1 or 2 weeks if not more and then close all such
> > instances to reduce the count.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> Sounds good to me. I do not care much about the 1 or 2 weeks, lets see
> if others have an opinion about it.
>
> When you have some reactions, could you add a paragraph to the Bug
> Triage guidelines [1] about this? It would be good to have a link in
> there that lists bugs in NEW status, have a NEEDINFO set and their
> last update was X weeks ago.

As a general thought about this kind of thing, I generally send
"ping...?" type messages/email/BZ after a few days.  eg 3 days-1 week,
don't leave it too long.

If no response by then, close it with a message like "Closing this as
we don't have the info needed to properly investigate it.  If you have
time to get the info (as mentioned above) to us, please re-open
this. :)"

Seems to work fairly effectively.  If someone know a better approach
though, I'm happy to adopt that too. :)

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org