[Gluster-devel] Raft for Sqlite3

Joseph Fernandes josferna at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 07:47:35 UTC 2014

Hi KP/Atin,

As discussed yesterday please find the links for "Raft for Sqlite3",

http://www.philipotoole.com/replicating-sqlite-using-raft-consensus/
https://gowalker.org/github.com/goraft/raft

Why Sqlite?
1) Its an embedded/lightweight db, so runs in the same process space of the consuming application. So no extra service for DB
2) Its comes with RHEL, so no extra installation and upgrade headaches
3) Zero admin operation for users. All the configurations are programmable via api's
4) Mature DB , as its been around for a long time and used by many of well know software's like Open Stack Swift, Mozilla for production.
   This means a strong/mature community for support.
5) Rich set of API's
6) Good performance optimization parameters
http://www.sqlite.org/

Few concerns on the RAFT implementations that we discussed yesterday,
1) How mature are the raft implementations(communities)
2) How much effort it would take to make it production ready?

Please add to the list if we have missed anything.
If we are interested to take this path I would be more than happy to help :)
Also would like to hear more, from the community , on this .

~Joe