[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] User-serviceable snapshots design

Sobhan Samantaray ssamanta at redhat.com
Tue May 6 16:38:57 UTC 2014

Hi Anand,
   Thanks to come-up with the nice design. I have couple of comments.

1. It should be mention in the design the access-protocols that should be used(NFS/CIFS etc) although the requirement states that.
2. Consideration section:
"Again, this is not a performance oriented feature. Rather, the goal is to allow a seamless user-experience by allowing easy and useful access to snapshotted volumes and individual data stored in those volumes".

If it is something that fops performance would not be impacted due to the introduction of this feature then it should be clarified.

3. It's good to mention the default value of the option of uss.

Regards
Sobhan