[Gluster-devel] Developer Leaderboard stats

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 07:48:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 08:30:24PM +0530, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 06/10/2014 07:44 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> >Hi Vijay,
> >
> >Whipping up initial code to extract leaderboard stats atm.
> >
> >These are the 3 items initially targeted (as per IRC chat):
> >
> >   1. Number of patches accepted
> >   2. Number of reviews done
> >   3. Mailing list participation
> >
> >What the boundaries we want on them?
> >
> >  * time period based?  last week/month/year (etc)
> >  * per branch?  eg glusterfs-3.4 branch
> >  * per release? eg for 3.4.3, for 3.4.4 (etc)
> >

> A combination of time period and branch would be good i.e. something like:
>
> - Number of patches sent in last week on master
>
> - Number of reviews done on branch release-3.4 during the last month

How about also doing a quickest-bugfixer list? Take the time/date a bug
was filed until a patch was merged? Some rules might be needed, like
excluding patches for bugs that you filed yourself.

I'd also like to see stats grouped by components somehow, maybe split
per directory or something like that. It would be interesting to see who
is working (and how much) on which components. If there are questions on
a component, this list can help finding contacts that can explain things
(should help new contributors?).

An other interesting one might be to show most busy 'working' hours.
Thinking of a colored map with timezones 'heated'. Going per graphical
location would be nice too, but we don't track where patches/emails were
send from (and I'm not suggesting to start with that).

Niels