[Gluster-devel] Bootstrapping glusterfsiostat

Vipul Nayyar nayyar_vipul at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 15:15:20 UTC 2014

Hi Justin,

Yes, a web front end would be good and I'd like to see that being built. But glusterfsiostat is supposed to be a framework for getting stats in a standardized manner. Whether that data will be used to build a front end or not is the concern of the application developer who intends to use this frmaework. If I get the chance within the timeline, I'd like to build it or have a hand in that. :-)

Regards
Vipul Nayyar

On Saturday, 7 June 2014 7:22 AM, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:

On 06/06/2014, at 6:13 PM, Vipul Nayyar wrote:
<snip>
> This tool will display i/o information about every glusterfs mount in the system.

Cool. :)

<snip>

> On a second note, the tool would provide stats in properly formatted manner by default for human consumption and also in json format if it is needed by any other application.

Sounds good for integration with operations (eg monitoring/display boards,
alerting) and also for archiving/historical-analysis type applications.

Any thought of a web front end for demo/display?

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org