[Gluster-devel] Unnecessary bugs entered in BZ, ...

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 18:01:45 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 06:17:23PM +0200, Anders Blomdell wrote:
> On 2014-07-17 18:10, Kaushal M wrote:
> > "Bugs"/"bug" in the documents are not really what you think they mean.
> >
> > We use bugzilla to track glusterfs development. It is used for track
> > defects (bugs) in the software, enhancements and new features. What we
> > really mean by a patch needs a bug id is that we need it to have an
> > entry on bugzilla, so that it's lifecycle can be tracked correctly. So
> > bug just means bugzilla entry. You have bug "bugs", enhancement
> > "bugs", feature request "bugs" and so on.
> >
> > tl;dr:  "bug" == bugzilla entry.
> OK. would be nice to have a link back to the bugzilla from gerrit by the way,
> cut and paste of the bug number is somewhat error-prone :-(

Yes, indeed. Gerrit support this out of the box, it just needs to be
configured correctly:
- http://review.gluster.org/Documentation/config-gerrit.html#_a_id_commentlink_a_section_commentlink

I'll send an email to the infrastructure list for this so that somebody
can hopefully pick it up.

Thanks,
Niels

> > On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Anders Blomdell
> > <anders.blomdell at control.lth.se> wrote:
> >> Not confused, just observed that some of my patches regarding development
> >> workflow does not need to show up as bugs for gluster (at least not until
> >> somebody has verified that they could be useful to somebody else but me).

> >> s/seasoned developers/ignorant old fools/g :-)

> /Anders
>

> --
> Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders.blomdell at control.lth.se
> Department of Automatic Control
> Lund University                  Phone:    +46 46 222 4625
> P.O. Box 118                     Fax:      +46 46 138118
> SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden

Niels de Vos
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer
Support Engineering Group