[Gluster-devel] Inspiration for improving our contributor documentation

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 05:41:15 UTC 2014

On 07/17/2014 07:25 PM, Kaushal M wrote:
> I came across mediawiki's developer documentation and guides when
> browsing. These docs felt really good to me, and easy to approach.
> I feel that we should take inspiration from them and start enhancing
> our docs. (Outright copying with modifications as necessary, could
> work too. But that just doesn't feel right)
>
> Any volunteers?
> (I'll start as soon as I finish with the developer documentation for
> data structures for the components I volunteered earlier)
>
> ~kaushal
>
> [0] - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_hub
I love the idea but not sure about the implementation. i.e. considering
we already started with .md pages, why not have same kind of pages as
.md files in /doc of gluster? We can modify the README in our project so
that people can browse all the details in github? Please let me know
your thoughts.

Pranith