[Gluster-devel] regarding spurious failure tests/bugs/bug-1112559.t

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Jul 10 12:55:16 UTC 2014

On 10/07/2014, at 1:41 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 05:14:08PM +0530, Vijay Bellur wrote:
<snip>
>> A lot of regression runs are failing because of this test unit.
>> Given feature freeze is around the corner, shall we provide a +1
>> verified manually for those patchsets that fail this test?
>
> I don't think that is easily possible. We also need to remove the -1
> verified that the "Gluster Build System" sets. I'm not sure how we
> should be doing that. Maybe its better to disable (parts of) the
> test-case?

We can set results manually as the "Gluster Build System" by using the
gerrit command from build.gluster.org.

Looking at the failure here:

  http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/276/console

At the bottom, it shows this was the command run to communicate
failure:

  $ ssh build at review.gluster.org gerrit review --message ''\''
http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/276/consoleFull : FAILED'\''' --project=glusterfs --verified=-1 --code-review=0 d8296086ddaf7ef4a4667f5cec413d64a56fd382

So, we run the same thing from the jenkins user on build.gluster.org,
but change the result bits to +1 and SUCCESS. And a better message:

  $ sudo su - jenkins
  $ ssh build at review.gluster.org gerrit review --message ''\''
Ignoring previous spurious failure : SUCCESS'\''' --project=glusterfs --verified="+1" --code-review=0 d8296086ddaf7ef4a4667f5cec413d64a56fd382

Seems to work:

  http://review.gluster.org/#/c/8285/

+ Justin

--