[Gluster-devel] bug-822830.t fails on release-3.5 branch

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Fri Jul 4 09:30:55 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014, at 7:30 AM, Santosh Pradhan wrote:
> Thanks guys for looking into this. I am just wondering how this passed the regression before Niels could merged this in?

It was due to stupidity on my part. ;)

Was adjusting the bash script in jenkins the other day, attempting
to get the console output nicer looking.  So, added a few echo
statements in places, attempting to space things out.

Previous (working code) was like this:

  sudo -E bash -x /opt/qa/regression.sh
  RET=$?
  if [ $RET = 0 ]; then
    V="+1"
    VERDICT="SUCCESS"
  else
    V="-1"
    VERDICT="FAILED"
  fi

With the brilliant addition of echo statements in exactly
the wrong place, it became:

  echo
  echo
  sudo -E bash -x /opt/qa/regression.sh
  echo
  echo
  RET=$?
  if [ $RET = 0 ]; then
    V="+1"
    VERDICT="SUCCESS"
  else
    V="-1"
    VERDICT="FAILED"
  fi

... and was using the return code from the echo statements.

Not my brightest moment. ;)

+ Justin

--
GlusterFS - http://www.gluster.org