[Gluster-devel] Failover and split-brain

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 17:28:24 UTC 2014

On 02/24/2014 08:32 AM, 邓尧 wrote:

> Hi, all
> I'm new to gluster, and still trying to figure out whether it's suitable
> for my project. Gluster has built-in failover support, which is very
> great, but after reading the user manual, I found that the split-brain
> problem, one of the most difficult problems of HA design, wasn't
> mentioned at all.
> Does gluster have such problem during failover ? If does, how to avoid
> data corruption ?

Yes, split-brains are possible. Quorum configuration can be performed to
avoid chances of split-brain. Details on client quorum can be found at
[1], [2] and server quorum can be found at [3].

-Vijay

[1]
http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2:_Setting_Volume_Options

[2] http://hekafs.org/index.php/2012/11/different-forms-of-quorum/