[Gluster-devel] Proposal for some RPM packaging changes

Kaleb KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 16:41:58 UTC 2014

On 02/18/2014 11:32 AM, Joe Julian wrote:
> On 02/18/2014 08:21 AM, James wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> 1. glusterfs-server (glusterd) and glusterfs-geo-replication depend on
>>>     each other. It is not possible to install glusterfs-server without
>>>     glusterfs-geo-replication, or the other way around.
>> The only question I would have is why does glusterfs-server, depend on
>> geo-replication?
> +1 - why is that?

Actually, it doesn't.

glusterfs-geo-replication _does_ reguire glusterfs-server.

glusterfs-server _does not_ require glusterfs-geo-replication.

At least that's the current state of the FedoraSCM glusterfs.spec and
the glusterfs.spec.in in both the master/head and release-3.5/head of
the glusterfs git source tree.

--

Kaleb