[Gluster-devel] Trash translator for GlusterFS

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Feb 17 08:26:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 03:53:05AM -0500, Jiffin Thottan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are planning to implement a trash translator for GlusterFS and high-level doc for the same is attached with this mail or can be reviewed on
> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/Trash.
>
> Please go through the doc and give out any valuable suggestions.

Could you include a practical example of deleting a file, the location
where Trash keeps it and how the file can be found/restored?

How do you cover this scenario?

    $ echo 'Hello World!' > README
    $ rm README
    $ echo 'Hello Universe!' > README
    $ rm README

Which file(s) will be located in the Trash?

Thanks,
Niels