[Gluster-devel] spliting tests/bugs?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Dec 26 12:49:51 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 12:42:26PM +0100, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 10:20:55AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 03:35:50PM +0530, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> > > +1, Makes sense to me! However I would love to have component wise sub
> > > directories for eg - glusterd, dht, afr etc. IMO, this would be a better
> > > way to maintain the test cases. What say?
> >
> > The problem is that nobody will know how to sort the 250 existing tests,
> > and I am not sure anyone will volunteer to check 250 bug reports in order
> > to gather that knowledge. Perhaps it could be done that way with bugs
> > in 2015 and beyond?
>
> Grouping per date/year is not something I'd prefer. I hope we are adding
> more test cases now and the 2015 dircetory hopefully becomes huge.
>
> Indeed, splitting per component would be much nicer. A script that uses
> the bugzilla command from the python-bugzilla package would help:
>
>   #!bin/sh
>
>   for BUG in $(ls | grep -Po '\d+' | sort -n -r | uniq)
>   do
>       COMP=$(bugzilla query --outputformat='%{component}' -b ${BUG})
>       [ -z "${COMP}" ] && continue
>       [ ! -d ${COMP} ] && mkdir ${COMP}
>       git mv *${BUG}* ${COMP}
>   done
>

> I'll have a stab at this and see if I can get it up and running quickly.

http://review.gluster.org/9353 would do this, please have a look and see
if it is acceptible. I've merged some components, like glusterfs-fuse
and fuse into one directory. The include path for utilities and shell
librarries have been corrected. Also some checkpatch errors were thrown
while trying to post, but things should be good now.

Niels