[Gluster-devel] spliting tests/bugs?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Dec 26 11:42:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 10:20:55AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 03:35:50PM +0530, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> > +1, Makes sense to me! However I would love to have component wise sub
> > directories for eg - glusterd, dht, afr etc. IMO, this would be a better
> > way to maintain the test cases. What say?
>
> The problem is that nobody will know how to sort the 250 existing tests,
> and I am not sure anyone will volunteer to check 250 bug reports in order
> to gather that knowledge. Perhaps it could be done that way with bugs
> in 2015 and beyond?

Grouping per date/year is not something I'd prefer. I hope we are adding
more test cases now and the 2015 dircetory hopefully becomes huge.

Indeed, splitting per component would be much nicer. A script that uses
the bugzilla command from the python-bugzilla package would help:

  #!bin/sh

  for BUG in $(ls | grep -Po '\d+' | sort -n -r | uniq)
  do
      COMP=$(bugzilla query --outputformat='%{component}' -b ${BUG})
      [ -z "${COMP}" ] && continue
      [ ! -d ${COMP} ] && mkdir ${COMP}
      git mv *${BUG}* ${COMP}
  done

I'll have a stab at this and see if I can get it up and running quickly.

Thanks for the idea,
Niels