[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] New wiki page with applications that have support for Gluster

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 11:20:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:18:47PM +0530, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> On 12/03/2014 02:17 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I've just started a page that contains some applications that have
> >support for Gluster. The page is far from complete, but this is a wiki
> >so I hope others are interested to extend the page too.
> >
> >http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Native_Gluster_support_in_Applications
> >
> >Please have a look at it, and add your favorite applications. I hope
> >that this page can evolve to a useful resource for existing and future
> >Gluster users.
> >
> >Comments and ideas are very much welcome.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Niels
> >
> +1, Nice initiative.
>
> Just wanted to add that, adding application details to the page will make
> the page very big, hence difficult to follow.
>
> So for application which has longer description, a new page should be
> created and the link should be added to the original page.

Well, the idea is to have a brief summary of the application and how it
is integrated with Gluster. If there are many more details that would be
interested for users, a link to the applications website and one for the
design notes the integration should do.

It is not the intention to have a complete description of other
applications and how they integrate with Gluster in the Gluster Wiki.
The documentation of the other application is much more suitable for
that, and it would hopefully be kept more up to date when the
application evolves.

Niels