[Gluster-devel] key for getting real file name

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Tue Dec 2 09:30:45 UTC 2014

On 12/01/2014 11:09 PM, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As per my understanding samba calls get_real_filename API to get the
> actual case sensitive name of the entry. And get_real_filename calls
> getxattr call with a key get_real_filename:<entry name>.
>
> When I checked the glusterfs plugin's code in samba it used the key
> "user.glusterfs.get_real_filename:" key. In glusterfs (posix and DHT)
> upon getting getxattr call, to check if its get_real_filename request we
> make use of the key "glusterfs.get_real_filename:".
>
> They are not same. Is it supposed to be like that or should we use the
> same key in both the places? (i.e. samba plugin and glusterfs)

FWIW, the original key name in glusterfs was
"user.glusterfs.get_real_filename:". Commit
a9623ada6f7b39ac2d567f66a496072487d8e6ec changed it to the current name.

I think the original intention in this commit was to simplify a key
name. Does this mean that samba vfs plugin's case sensitive name lookup
is broken since we do a strcmp of the incoming key in dht?

-Vijay