[Gluster-devel] key for getting real file name

Raghavendra Bhat rabhat at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 17:39:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

As per my understanding samba calls get_real_filename API to get the
actual case sensitive name of the entry. And get_real_filename calls
getxattr call with a key get_real_filename:<entry name>.

When I checked the glusterfs plugin's code in samba it used the key
"user.glusterfs.get_real_filename:" key. In glusterfs (posix and DHT)
upon getting getxattr call, to check if its get_real_filename request we
make use of the key "glusterfs.get_real_filename:".

They are not same. Is it supposed to be like that or should we use the
same key in both the places? (i.e. samba plugin and glusterfs)

Regards,
Raghavendra Bhat