[Gluster-devel] Backup support for GlusterFS

Joseph Fernandes josferna at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 12:27:01 UTC 2014

Hi Aravinda,

Venky, Kotresh and me had a discussion on "Data Maintenance infrastructure" that will help
Data maintenance services like Data Tiering, Bitrot, Backup, dedupe etc to identify the data(file/directory) set
to work on using sequential notification service or non-sequential recording Data Store service.

Today as part of the data tiering project I have the non-sequential recording data store ready that will give you a list of
file that are hotter/colder (both read/write). i,e in your scenario files that have change from the last backup. But this is just a part of the solution.
As far as I know,  Venky is going to come up with a elaborate document on this soon.

On the NDMP side I have few question for you,
1) Are you planning to develop our own NDMP Tape and Data Service from the scratch?
2) Or are you planning to use a well established  3rd party NDMP Tape and Data Service? Well that case we need to give the list of files that need to be backup
to such a software.

Regards,
Joe