[Gluster-devel] Question about file copy through libgfapi

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 07:10:01 UTC 2014

Hi Giacomo,

If your requirement is to get away with fuse/protocol clients and do
server-side operations, I think its doable by writing a simple libgfapi
application. But since there is no libgfapi API equivalent to "cp"
command, you may need to implement that functionality using "glfs_open,
glfs_read & glfs_write" APIs.

Here are the few links which Humble has documented on how to use
libgfapi and different APIs supported by it-

http://humblec.com/libgfapi-interface-glusterfs/
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/features/libgfapi.md

Few sample examples (written in 'C' and 'python') are copied to -
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/tree/master/api/examples

Thanks,
Soumya