[Gluster-devel] Change in glusterfs[master]: Regression test portability: mktemp

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Aug 21 15:37:56 UTC 2014

On 21/08/2014, at 2:40 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 21/08/2014, at 1:07 AM, Harshavardhana wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Justin Clift <justin at gluster.org> wrote:
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Avati just fixed it
>>
>> We had to run 'git gc' directly on the gerrit server - gerrit gc
>> failed (could be a gerrit bug).
>
> Avati, did you make a backup of the /review/ directory before doing this?
>
> It looks like the "git gc" command was run as root instead of review user,
> so the permissions of the git dirs under /review/ have gone weird, and
> Gerrit looks to have done bad things to itself from there (eg internal
> Gerrit corruption)
>
> Misc is trying to resolve it atm, but a backup of /review/ dir would
> be a good thing to have atm. :)

Doing a chown of the /review/ directory seems to have fixed the problem.

I've made a tarball of the /review/ directory after it, and am rsync-ing
it from that box to my personal Linode one as a extra backup step.

The review.gluster.org server seems to have a severe bandwidth problem
though, limiting connections to ~30kb/s.  (my rsync will take up 12kb/s
of that for the next ~8 hours)

This will make backups fun. ;)

+ Justin

--