[Gluster-devel] Fw: Re: Corvid gluster testing

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Thu Aug 7 01:48:52 UTC 2014

It would be worth checking the perf numbers without -o acl (in case it was
enabled, as seen in the other gid thread). Client side -o acl mount option
can have a negative impact on performance because of the increased number
of up-calls from FUSE for access().

Thanks

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com
> wrote:

> On 08/07/2014 06:48 AM, Anand Avati wrote:
>

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <
> pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> We checked this performance with plain distribute as well and on nfs it
>> gave 25 minutes where as on nfs it gave around 90 minutes after disabling
>> throttling in both situations.
>>

>  This sentence is very confusing. Can you please state it more clearly?
>
> sorry :-D.
> We checked this performance on plain distribute volume by disabling
> throttling.
> On nfs the run took 25 minutes.
> On fuse the run took 90 minutes.
>
> Pranith
>

>  Thanks
>

>>  I was wondering if any of you guys know what could contribute to this
>> difference.
>>
>> Pranith
>>
>> On 08/07/2014 01:33 AM, Anand Avati wrote:
>>
>> Seems like heavy FINODELK contention. As a diagnostic step, can you try
>> disabling eager-locking and check the write performance again (gluster
>> volume set $name cluster.eager-lock off)?
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM, David F. Robinson <
>> david.robinson at corvidtec.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Forgot to attach profile info in previous email.  Attached...
>>>
>>> David

>>> 2 = 4 Transport-type: tcp Bricks: Brick1:
>>> gfsib01a.corvidtec.com:/data/brick01a/homegfs Brick2:
>>> gfsib01b.corvidtec.com:/data/brick01b/homegfs Brick3:
>>> gfsib01a.corvidtec.com:/data/brick02a/homegfs Brick4:
>>> gfsib01b.corvidtec.com:/data/brick02b/homegfs*
>>>
>>> David

>>> 704.252.1310 [cell]
>>> 704.799.7974 [fax]
>>> David.Robinson at corvidtec.com