[Gluster-devel] Help on pthread library error Handling!

Kotresh Hiremath Ravishankar khiremat at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 12:37:36 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am using pthread_mutex_lock in changelog translator which is part of brick process (glusterfsd).
I see that pthread errors are not being catched and handled in current gluster code except in qemu where
it is aborted. What is the correct way to handle the error when pthread library routines fail in gluster.
Just logging the error and continuing would lead to data corruption and deadlocks. Aborting the process
will abort whole glusterfsd process.

Thanks and Regards,
Kotresh H R