[Gluster-devel] Smoke test question

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Tue Apr 15 02:45:45 UTC 2014

On 15/04/2014, at 3:11 AM, Luis Pabon wrote:
> Hi guys,
>    I am investigating running smoke tests inside Docker.io, but I cannot seem to pass the posix-compliance tests.  I then tried to run the posix-compliance tests on XFS and EXT4 but I could make them pass there either.  This is what I did:
>
> $ truncate -s 5G mydisk
> $ sudo mkfs.xfs mydisk
> $ sudo mount -o loop mydisk /mnt
> $ cd /mnt
> * Change the value of 'fs' in ~/qa/tools/posix-compliance/conf according to the file system format.
> $ prove -r ~/qa/tools/posix-compliance/tests
>
> They always fail on chown tests.  Anyone know why?

Which OS, and which release or git repo branch of Gluster?

If CentOS 6.5 and upstream master, then what kernel version are you
running?  I had problems with one of the recent CentOS 6.5 kernels, but
a subsequent update to the newest one about a week ago
(<something>11.<something> in the name) fixed it.

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift