[Gluster-devel] Quorum configuration for a 2 nodes cluster

Giuseppe Ragusa giuseppe.ragusa at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 12 12:54:32 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I'm setting up a 2 nodes (physical) cluster (3.5 latest nightly) where each node acts also as oVirt host (3.4 with self-hosted engine).

Since I already properly configured fencing (power management) in oVirt, I'm currently configuring each GlusterFS volume with:

    gluster volume set VOLUMENAME cluster.server-quorum-type none
    gluster volume set VOLUMENAME cluster.quorum-type none

since I need the surviving node to remain up and responsive in case of a single node failure.

Limited testing has shown that the "surviving" node somewhat "halts" (but I did not try waiting for more than few minutes, maybe less) if, for example, I put the other node in maintenance through oVirt and reboot it.

Is this the proper way of achieving what I need?

Many thanks in advance for any hint/suggestion.

Regards,
Giuseppe