[Gluster-devel] libgfapi and any application

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Tue Apr 29 00:21:43 UTC 2014

Specifically I've been looking at the innodb engine for MariaDB. While
talking with Monty this weekend, he posited that I could write a wrapper
library to go around the innodb library that would handle the
connection, but would just override the glibc functions for posix
filesystem commands. Does this sound feasible?

If it is, couldn't you essentially do an LD_PRELOAD wrapper around any
application to do that? Sure, you would have to probably resort to
environment variables to set the server and volume data, but in theory
would it work?