[Gluster-devel] RFC/Review: libgfapi object handle based extensions

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Tue Oct 1 11:49:54 UTC 2013

Justin Clift <jclift at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Towards this we need some extensions to gfapi that can handle object
> >based operations. Meaning, instead of using full paths or relative paths
> > rom cwd, it is required that we can work with APIs, like the *at POSIX
> > variants, to be able to create, lookup, open etc. files and directories.
> <snip>
>
> Any idea if this would impact our *BSD compatibility? :)

NetBSD 6.1 only have partial linkat(2). NetBSD-current (will-be
NetBSD-7.0) has all extended API set 2, except fexecve(2) and O_EXEC for
which no consensus was reached on how to implment it securely.

In a nutshell, switching to *at() kills NetBSD compatibility until next
major release, but I already know it will be restored at that time.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org