[Gluster-devel] puppet-glusterfs module

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:37:43 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Gilles Dubreuil <gilles at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Your module looks quite advanced effectively.
Thanks. You're welcome to write to me in French if you prefer (just
guessing). (Je suis bilingue!)

> At the time I needed a customized module, I looked at the available ones
> (not sure if yours was in the list), and they seemed not to offer what I
> needed or too complicated to use (but often it's just a documentation
> issue).
I'm pretty confident that my module has all the features you might
want and it also permits you to only use the subset you want. There is
documentation here:
https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-gluster/blob/master/DOCUMENTATION.md
It's also available as a pdf in the same directory.

> Ultimately I'm not saying we won't use yours but at the moment I'm
> running out of time to investigate.
Whether you do or not is up to you. I'm trying my best to ensure we
can all work together on one codebase, so that work isn't duplicated,
and then maybe you can work on harder problems.

> Will try to get back to you later.
Sure thing,

> Cheers,
> Gilles