[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Fencing FOPs on data-split-brained files

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Fri Nov 15 20:12:56 UTC 2013

Ravi,
We should not mix up data and entry operation domains, if a file is in data
split brain that should not stop a user from rename/link/unlink operations
on the file.

Regarding your concern about complications while healing - we should change
our "manual fixing" instructions to:

- go to backend, access through gfid path or normal path
- rmxattr the afr changelogs
- truncate the file to 0 bytes (like "> filename")

Accessing the path through gfid and truncating to 0 bytes addresses your
concerns about hardlinks/renames.

Avati