[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Testing VM Storage with Fedora 19

John Mark Walker johnmark at gluster.org
Tue May 14 14:39:25 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> It looks as though the qemu package is built without Gluster support.
> So I added the --with-glusterfs flag and tried to rebuilt the RPM. I

Did you do ./configure --enable-glusterfs ?

> am now getting this error:
>
> ERROR
> ERROR: User requested feature GlusterFS backend support
> ERROR: configure was not able to find it
> ERROR
>
> What is configure looking for that it can't find? Again
> glusterfs-server and glusterfs-devel packages are installed.

Adding devel at fedora and moving to gluster-devel.

Is there a way to change default flags for qemu compilation? Who's the maintainer? I had assumed that manually changing the flags to include --enable-glusterfs would do the trick.

After doing a little digging, I see QEMU is owned by "virtmaint" which I assume is an alias for several people.

Can anyone confirm the ability or inability to build QEMU with GlusterFS support on F19? I'm running F18 and can download 1.4 from qemu.org, which builds (and runs) just fine.

-JM