[Gluster-devel] Using RAM-disks as bricks

Ian Latter ian.latter at midnightcode.org
Tue May 14 11:12:40 UTC 2013

Hello,

  The limitation on extended attributes is the file system. So you should be fine if you use the right file system;

    mke2fs -t ext4 /dev/ram1 65536
    mkdir /home/ramdisk
    mount /dev/ram1 /home/ramdisk

  My current distro runs a root file-system of EXT3 in a ramdisk, but I don't share gluster from that FS.  Should be good.