[Gluster-devel] Glusterd: A New Hope

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 18:24:10 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 03/25/2013 12:44 PM, Alex Attarian wrote:
> If you disagree with the very idea of having glusterd, then *we have
> nothing to
> talk about*.  If you appreciate the infrastructure it provides, if
> you want to
> make that infrastructure as robust and scalable and convenient to use
> as
> possible, then by all means share your ideas or opinions on ideas
> that have
> already been presented.  The other users who have participated
> constructively
> don't deserve to be crowded out of the conversation

I would also point out that, as the community lead, I would very much welcome alternative solutions to be played out on gluster.org

I don't think they'll be successful, but what do I know. I just want to make it clear that alternative solutions are welcome. If there's a subset of you that want to maintain a 2.x release, you're welcome to do so - and I will give you whatever tools you need to be successful.

If you'd like to maintain 3.x releases sans glusterd, I welcome that activity as well.

If you succeed, we all succeed.

Thanks,
JM