[Gluster-devel] Problem in understanding translators

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 12:14:13 UTC 2013

On 17/07/2013, at 11:23 AM, Runjhun Sharma wrote:
> I wanted to study the order in which translators are called in the gluster system after a command in given on the cli. I inserted printf statements in each .c file of the translators but these lines are not getting printed on running the system (aftr make and make install). Need help!!

How are you running the translator? :)

When trying out translator development stuff not long ago,
the best way to catch printf() statements is by starting
the gluster process you are interested in (eg glusterfs)
from the command line, using the --debug flag.

For example:

  $ sudo glusterfs -f /path/to/my-nfs-server.vol --debug

The "my-nfs-server.vol" file there was just a copy of the
normal Gluster NFS .vol file, with my (in-development) new
translator added to.

Does that help? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift