[Gluster-devel] Problem in understanding translators

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 12:11:33 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 06:23 AM, Runjhun Sharma wrote:
> I wanted to study the order in which translators are called in the
> gluster system after a command in given on the cli. I inserted printf
> statements in each .c file of the translators but these lines are not
> getting printed on running the system (aftr make and make install). Need
> help!!

Firstly, most of the translators are only used for bricks. CLI commands
are not likely to execute code in a brick's data path.

Secondly, all the gluster processes (glusterd, glusterfsd, glusterfs)
are daemons and stdin, stdout, and stderr are usually closed, so any
sort of output to those will not appear anywhere.

Use one of the gf_log* functions and look for your output in the
/var/log/glusterfs/bricks/ log file

--

Kaleb