[Gluster-devel] looking for a start point to start Glusterfs development

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 15:22:29 UTC 2013

On 01/17/2013 06:16 PM, Kunal Kushwaha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this community. I am very much interested in glusterfs
> development.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you in this community.

> Can anybody help me to give some pointers, from where I can start? or
> any specific feature set where I can start looking ?

The best place to start digging in would be the source code :). Apart
from the source code, some of these documents/articles can help improve
your understanding of GlusterFS better:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Developers

Jeff's blogs at: http://hekafs.org

You can also hop on to #gluster-dev on freenode where most of the
developers hang out.

You can also find a list of todos in GlusterFS here:

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning34

Raghavendra (in CC) is also aggregating a new set of todo items. You
should see that in the gluster.org wiki shortly.

> I have a decent experience in Linux kernel development (6+ yrs) and
> worked mostly in Storage technologies (RAID )  and plan to give at least
> 4-6 hours a week to this project.
>
> looking forward to work in this community.

Look forward to your participation!

Cheers,
Vijay