[Gluster-devel] Disperse xlator

Xavier Hernandez xhernandez at datalab.es
Tue Feb 19 16:47:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We have published an initial version (proof of concept) of the
disperse translator on github (https://github.com/datalab-bcn). It is a
new GlusterFS translator with a level of fault tolerance configurable at
creation time, but with a minimal waste of physical disk space (it's
conceptually similar to RAID5 or RAID6). It mostly works but it's still
in a development phase and many things will be fixed and improved,
especially the read/write performance. There is a README where you can
find how to compile and install it.

If you want to try it, we will ve very happy to have some feedback.

Best regards,

Xavi