[Gluster-devel] opendir/readdir helper

Brian Foster bfoster at redhat.com
Sat Feb 16 15:32:48 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 01:13 PM, Anand Avati wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Brian Foster <bfoster at redhat.com
> <mailto:bfoster at redhat.com>> wrote:

> I only glanced through the patch without going through in detail. But it
> certainly looks promising in terms of what it is doing! There is lot of
> potential and opportunities to increase readdir performance in general
> as the consistency requirements are much weaker than file I/O, and this
> is certainly a step in the right direction. I can also see how this
> translator and native fuse readdirplus can together work better in a
> complementary manner.
>
> In any case we should "polish" it into a minor feature for the next
> release as the patch is already so much ready.

Hi Avati,

Sure, if the basic principle is considered safe/sane then I'm happy to
try and release something simple based on this. Once I get through some
of the other experiments of interest, I'll plan to polish this up and
drop something more worthy of a detailed review. ;) Thanks for looking!

Brian