[Gluster-devel] Is it safe to use synctask_{wake, yield} outside of __wake and __yield macros?

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 19:29:53 UTC 2013

In glusterd, I am trying to perform a series of syncops in a batch. ie, yield the thread
once all the non-blocking operations are queued. The wakeup back to the yielded thread
happens as part of the call_cnt mechanism in the callback(s).

Given this, I wanted to know if I would be flouting any of assumptions, if I used
synctask_yield and synctask_wake as opposed to their macro counterparts. More specifically,
is there a chance that synctask_get() would return NULL on a thread which is part of a syncenv's
thread pool?

thanks,
krish