[Gluster-devel] The return of the all-null pending matrix

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 04:57:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> Anand Avati <anand.avati at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is a tricky problem. I have thought about this quite a bit and
> > couldn't come up with a theory which can lead to this behavior. I am
> > suspecting this might be a 32/64bit compatibility issue. Can you try
> > placing all bricks on the same architecture and see if this can be
> > reproduced? How long does it take to reproduce this problem?
>
> Now we know this is probably the root of the bug, do you want to track
> it further, or shall we call that kind of setup unsupported?

It is certainly an interesting issue, and will be good to fix in the long
run (supporting heterogenous bricks can open up very interesting use
cases). Can you please file a bug in http://bugzilla.redhat.com with all
the logs as a low priority bug so that we can track it and fix it sometime,
rather than ignore it intentionally?

Avati