[Gluster-devel] Issues with fallocate, discard and zerofill

Bharata B Rao bharata.rao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 05:49:03 UTC 2013

Hi Avati, Brian,

During the recently held gluster meetup, Shishir mentioned about a
potential problem (related to fd migration etc) in the zerofill
implementation (http://review.gluster.org/#/c/5327/) and also
mentioned that same/similar issues are present with fallocate and
discard implementations. Since zerofill has been modelled on
fallocate/discard, I was wondering if it would be possible to address
these issues in fallocate/discard first so that we could potentially
follow the same in zerofill implementation.

Regards,
Bharata.
--
http://raobharata.wordpress.com/