[Gluster-devel] Need Mentors for GSOC under FedoraProject

John Walker jowalker at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 14:35:20 UTC 2013

Greetings, Vipul! There are a couple of students who have expressed an interest in that project. We need to reword some parts of it, because the right way to do that implementation now would be libgfapi - take a look at the glusterfs 3.4 alpha releases on download.Gluster.org.

Expect to hear more from me this week, as I go through all the student correspondence.

Thanks!
John Mark Walker
Gluster Community Lead

Krishnan Parthasarathi <kparthas at redhat.com> wrote:

Hi Vipul,

Welcome to GlusterFS community!

Recently Jeff Darcy has started the Glupy project, which provides python
bindings
for GlusterFS translator interface.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/extending-glusterfs-python
The source code for the project lives here: https://github.com/jdarcy/glupy

We have Ramana (an intern), currently working on improving what Jeff
started out.
His (ongoing) work can be seen here:
https://github.com/Ram-Raja/glupy/tree/new_fops

I guess the links that I have shared in this mail must be a good
starting point for you.
If you have already have any ideas on how you would like to contribute
to the bindings,
please let us know.

cheers,
krish