[Gluster-devel] Proposed change in Gerrit workflow

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 26 05:04:00 UTC 2012

On 09/25/2012 04:13 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We intend to bring the following change in our gerrit based workflow:
>
> - Introduce +2 and -2 for Verified in Gerrit
> - +2 for Verified to be necessary for merging a patch
>
> The intent of this proposed change is to get additional test coverage
> and reduce the number of regressions that can sneak by. Jenkins would
> continue to provide +1s for all submitted changes that pass basic
> smoke tests. An additional +2 would be necessary from somebody who
> tests the patch. Providing a +2 for Verified would be semantically
> similar to adding a Tested-by: tag.
I have a basic doubt here.. How is +2 verified different than +1
verified, which is currently provided by either the author or someone
else or both. I assume that the Jenkins +1 verified is not the only
thing that is seen by the maintainer before merging the patch, he/she
should be looking at +1 verified from the author or someother person and
take the decision accordingly during merge.

thanx,
deepak