[Gluster-devel] Clean up build system

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 08:56:12 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 10:37 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Monday 2012-09-24 10:29, Niels de Vos wrote:

>>> Commit: "init.d: implement reload action for SUSE init script"
>>> Enter Bug ID:
>>> [detached HEAD a3e8d56] init.d: implement reload action for SUSE init script
>>>   1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>>> Successfully rebased and updated refs/heads/master.
>>> fatal: remote error:
>>>    You can't push to git://github.com/gluster/glusterfs.git
>>>    Use git at github.com:gluster/glusterfs.git
>>>
>>> Success? Failure?
>>
>> It seems that you have a different remote. Could you make sure to
>> update your remote to ssh://jengelh@git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git (or
>> whatever your username is). I guess have uploaded a ssh-public-key on
>> review.gluster.org for that already.
>
> That's exactly what I want to _avoid_. I don't want any registration.

Ah, well, I don't think you can do without, unfortunately :-/

Furthermore, you would also need to register at bugzilla.redhat.com to file a
bug against the build system of GlusterFS too:
- https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=GlusterFS&component=build

I agree that it is very cumbersome, and does not encourage people to file single
patches. I wanted to offer to be a proxy for these patches, but I am not allowed
to push these under your name for review. Maybe someone (Avati?) can offer you
the same service, or give me those permissions.
(http://review.gluster.org/Documentation/error-you-are-not-author.html)

Avati lives in the US-West-Coast iirc, so lets wait a day and see what he suggests.

Cheers,
Niels