[Gluster-devel] 3.4.0qa1: protocol error on node creation

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu Oct 18 16:33:10 UTC 2012

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> It seems FUSE related. Trace shows node created with type VNON, which
> bugs the calling code.
>
> I will investigate further.

I can create nodes on filesystem root. It fails in any subdirectory.

FUSE trace shows that on root, it first lookups the name to be created,
gets -ENOENT, and create the file

In a subdirectory, lookup succeeds despite the file being inexistant.
The file is type VNON, size 0, device 0

I can work around the problem by modifying the FUSE implementation so
that when loukups gives me VNON, I return ENOENT, but I beleive the real
problem is in glusterfs.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz