[Gluster-devel] 3.4.0qa1: protocol error on node creation

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 09:38:17 UTC 2012

On 10/18/2012 10:35 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hi
>
> glusterfs-3.4.0qa1 on NetBSD-6.0: I can read and wreite existing files,
> however attempting to create a node fails:
> $ mkdir test
> mkdir: test: Protocol error
> $ touch test
> touch: test: Protocol error
>
> It seems there is no hint in the logs. Any idea before I add printfs
> everywhere?

Does this happen only over FUSE, or also over NFS? If it's FUSE only, you can
assume that the "Protocol error" points to the FUSE protocol, and not the
GlusterFS network protocol.

If it's happening on both, you could create a tcpdump (of the GlusterFS
protocol, not NFS) of a working one and non-working one. Open the tcpdumps with
wireshark-1.8 and compare the MKNOD procedure call to see if there is a difference.

Cheers,
Niels