[Gluster-devel] glusterd crashes when synctask is used in conjunction with inner functions.

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 12:18:57 UTC 2012

On 10/08/2012 11:03 PM, Amar (ಅಮರ್ ತುಂಬಳ್ಳಿ) wrote:
> It was me who introduced inner functions with patch
> http://review.gluster.org/3829.
>
> The reason was to keep the changes as minimal as possible within that
> particular patch. I have no objections to remove the inner functions
> completely from the codebase.
>
> But it was good exercise to understand the reason for crash though :-)

We geeks need to have fun sometimes.  ;)  Seriously, I think it is an
elegant concept and way of doing things.  If the gcc implementation
weren't buggy, I'd encourage use of inner functions in many more places.
  Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case.  We'll have to wait until
we're all writing our code in Go or Rust or something.