[Gluster-devel] Gluster VSA for VMware ESX

7220022 7220022 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 15:22:57 UTC 2012

Would love to test performance of Gluster Virtual Storage Appliance for
VMware, but cannot get the demo. Emails and calls to Red Hat went
unanswered.

We've built a nice test system for the cluster at our lab, 8 modern servers
running ESX4.1 and connected via 40gb InfiniBand fabric. Each server has 24
2.5" drives, SLC SSD and 10K SAS HDD-s connected to 6 LSI controllers with
CacheCade (Pro 2.0 with write cache enabled,) 4 drives per controller.

The plan is to test performance using bricks made of HDD-s cached with
SSD-s, as well as HDD-s and SSD-s separately.

Can anyone help getting the demo version of VSA?  It's fine if it's a beta
version, we just wanted to check the performance and scalability.