[Gluster-devel] Feature page on Volume lifecycle extensions (aka Hooks)

Krishnan Parthasarathi kparthas at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 06:26:59 UTC 2012

Hi list,

The following wiki page provides detailed information on "Volume life cycle extensions"
or more fondly referred to as Hooks. Hooks are scripts/executables that would
be run on the trigger of events like volume-start, volume-stop, etc. This allows admin
to customise her volume 'deployment' work-flow. Of course it is not arbitrarily expressive/powerful
yet.

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/Hooks

Hope to hear comments on how we should take this feature forward. I am thinking we
should someday have a community repository of custom workflows built around Hooks
that we can recommend each other.

Thanks,
Krish