[Gluster-devel] inodes

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sat Oct 29 06:01:29 UTC 2011

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> I am alost done: afr does afr_itransform on inode numbers from readdir,
> but not those from lookup/stat. What is the correct behavior?

To be more complete: the inode I get from stat is twice the inode I get
from readdir. As I understand, afr_itransform() does that because I have
two clients. Here is a test output:
name = "misc", readdir ino = 2b97b6feb3b6c862, stat ino =
572f6dfd676d90c4

So that means stat inode is afr_itransform'ed but not readdir inode,
which is be the opposite of what I said earlier.

That beahviour is fixed by making sure readdir and readdirp get the same
afr_itransform treatment.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz