[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs 3.1.2 dht/switch

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at gluster.com
Wed Mar 9 03:14:44 UTC 2011

Hi Gvozden,
We had an experimental capability in older releases called NUFA (Non Uniform Filesystem Access), exactly doing what you are asking. It allowed local disks to gain priority over remote disks. NUFA required replication for high-availability. Replication in turn required network writes, there by limiting the benefits of NUFA. In your case, data-availability is not a big deal. Unfortunately there was not much interest around this limited use-case feature, so we discontinued NUFA translator. There is currently no equivalent feature.

We are currently discussing internally about implementing HDFS capabilities to enable Map-Reduce jobs on top of Gluster. It is different from what you are asking though. Can you share more details about your application needs (type of data, IO pattern..).
-AB