[Gluster-devel] gluster limts.

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 14 18:01:16 UTC 2011

      Just ran into a number of files limit per filesystem on a well
known storage cluster, 2 billion something.  Sounds like 32 bit
integer.

      I don't recall an immediate limit on the number of files on a
gluster file system.  Is there one?  Can't you just add more drives?

      And I read a white paper not long ago that pointed out gluster
didn't access much on disk metadata, it caculates a lot of it.  That
true?  This well known storage cluster we have is having to get upgraded
to deal with the metadata problem to really fast really expensive hard
drives.

      Tnx.

http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/  http://faq.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/
Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |I know a place where dreams are born and time
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA | is never planned.  Neverland

dispose of the e-mail.